Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Oil Prospects and Lightning Bugs...OH MY!


Me at Big Horn Canyon Posted by Hello

Hi All!!

Sorry this is so late tonight. We are working on a huge project...an oil prospect here in the Big Horn Basin. The work is intense and we are so short on time to do it. We have to make a presentation to the prospect owner on Friday at noon. Our data will be used to help him decide if he will drill a $500,000 oil well. Right now we're working on figuring out if he even has a chance of drilling into oil at all. Tomorrow will be another long night as must we get our prospectus and powerpoint presentation completed. Do I hear "all nighter"?

So I was walking back from the porta-potty tonight and I thought to myself "I wish I could show everyone how beautiful the stars are out here." They are really amazing when you have no lights around. The sky is just filled. I didn't realize there were that many stars in the sky.

The other thing I saw tonight was my first Wyoming lightning bug. As you know, my philosphy is "if you can make your butt light up then you're pretty special in my book." It was glorious to watch it fly around the common area in camp.

Before I go tonight I'd like to tell you all how much I appreciate your support on this journey. I know several people here are reading the blogs also and they, too, are inspired by your kind words and messages. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends!

Mom, the package didn't come today but Shell, WY (population 50) is always a little slow. I'll email you as soon as it arrives (probably tomorrow).

On that note, I will close for tonight. It is almost 11pm and tomorrow will be another long, hot day in the field. Hope you like the picture...it's from this past weekend at Big Horn Canyon in Montana. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS area!!

Sleep well my friends,
Paleogirl Rene

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh the joys of lightning bugs. You know you see those commercials with families on the front porch with the kids playing in the yard catching lightning bugs or hear songs about catching them. I can truly say although my family didn't have much when I was growing up we did have the joys of lightning bugs and tadpoles in the summer time. My brother and I were truly children of the South. We were outside in the summer from sun up to sun down, only coming home for lunch and kool-aid or sweet tea breaks. It was a kid's life and we lived it wide open.

Miss you and hope you get your project done on time.

Love Deb

Anonymous said...

Rene,

The picture is gorgeous. An you look pretty great yourself...just melting away. Take care of you and I tried to get my butt to light up and it wouldn't (the wax drips kept burning)...I still think I am special though...heck, must be since I am related to you.

From the one you always said was adopted.
Rox

Anonymous said...

Haley says - "Rene thank you for holding up the signs that say 'Hi Haley". Love to you

Anonymous said...

I, too remember lightning bugs from when I was a little girl(you know,2 years ago) they were a sight to see. But you know,I don't think my boys have seen very many themselves. But of course, we all did play outside at night more when we were younger. Too much T.V. and video games these days to keep them inside. So you enjoy the beautiful skys and stars and nature, Renee. Take it all in as much as you can.
Take care,
Sandee