Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The week is half over!

Today wasn't too bad...at least the sun was shining rather than the gloomy rain we've had the past couple of days. It got so cold last night that if we'd dropped just a couple more degrees, we'd have had snow. The snow-line on the mountains came down very, very low last night. It has been said that we probably had wet snow that didn't stick. It's the first time I've worn my longjohns in June!

We went out this afternoon hoping that the roads had dried up, but no such luck. The bentonite roads are as slick as can be and the vans just get stuck...remember the picture of the "almost" rollover? Instead, we went to this area called "the dump" but it's not really an official dump, just where folks toss off their old tires, cars, etc (it made me sad really to see it). Anyway, at the dump is the area I described a couple of weeks ago that has the ammonites. However, no one found any. Then we wandered off to another area and did some general hiking. I picked up a couple of interesting rocks but nothing major.

Tonight will be another lecture until about 10pm. I realized earlier we're doing 14 hour days. It's no wonder we're all worn out!

Will close for now and am going to try to catch a quick nap before dinner. I'll type more tomorrow.

Paleogirl Rene

2 comments:

Diane said...

SNOW..... you said a 4 letter word! eek!

Rene Follower said...

Soooooooo,I see this as a once in a lifetime adventure. I take it this will help you graduate. I know you will be famous, but I hate to see you at the dump looking for annonites thingy's!