Tuesday, October 10, 2006

#7 & #18 Done!

As an immediate follow-up to the original post about 42 things, I wanted everyone to know that I have already completed two of the items on my list.

The first was passing my oral exams (#7 on my list). I did that on September 1st. It was one of the most difficult things I'd ever done. I don't think my brain has ever hurt so much. But, pass I did and I'm thrilled to have it behind me. Of course, PhD orals and qualifying exams will be even harder, but we'll tackle that when we get to it.

The second was walking a part of the Appalachian Trail (#18 on my list). I did that this past weekend on October 7th. It was a cloudy, rainy day down in Lenoir where my parents live, but the mountains were just gorgeous!! The leaves are changing color and the sun was shining. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I walked a part of the trail outside of Hampton, Tennessee - a blue blaze trail called Laurel Falls. Below is a picture of me at the end of the day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you! Knocking those goals off left and right. Since we both have several of the same goals...Niagra Falls, Times Square, CKU...we should consider joining forces. At least that way it may cut down our chances of getting mugged in TSq! :o)