Friday, October 27, 2006

Rocky would be proud....

So here I am at the Rocky Balboa statue in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. If you will recall, in the movie he runs up the stairs and jumps around at the top of them. This statue is there to commemorate that. I walked, not ran, up the stairs but I did make it in one fell swoop without stopping so I figure it was my own version of running. I was a bit out of breath at the top but hey, it's okay.

The trip to Philly really revitalized me when it comes to my thesis for my Master's degree. To be honest, I've been tired too tired to think about getting my stuff done for my degree. This time in Philly gave me the light at the end of the tunnel. There's a reason behind finally seeing that light....I'll share that with you tomorrow.

But for now, I'll leave you with this quote from Rocky...Know that I, too, am ready to go the distance...

"Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

No comments: