Friday, January 26, 2007

Great Expectations!

I would be shocked if you didn't know this but I am a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy. Last night the "Great Expectations" episode was probably one of the best I have ever seen. At the end Burke proposes to Christine:

CRISTINA: "I was right. I swear I really believe what I did was right. I don't want you to forgive me. Frankly, I'd find it patronizing if you did. Because... while I know I was right, you think I'm wrong. Which doesn't matter... because... I'm in this. I'm in this for the long haul. And I'm in this to finish the race. So if that means I don't win this one, then fine. I don't win. You win. I'm talking. See? I'm talking first. You win."

PRESTON: "Marry me."

and George proposes to Callie:

GEORGE: "Everytime I look at you... I feel better. It shocks me. It knocks my wind out, but it's true. I don't have to have sex with you, I'd be happy just look at you from across the room. Even that, anything, any piece of you. And, hopefully, all of you... that'd be the best thing. Because I love you..."

CALLIE: "George-"

GEORGE: "Marry me. Will you marry me?"

I was so happy for the both of them. And then Meredith does her voice-over at the end:

MEREDITH: [narrating] "Sometimes the expected simply pales in comparison to the unexpected. You got to wonder why we cling to our expectations, because the expected is just what keeps us steady. Standing. Still, the expected's just the beginning, the unexpected is what changes our lives."

I've decided to use that last voice-over as the signature on my email. Why you ask? Because, I pray for the unexpected to happen to me all the time...I eagerly await "possibility"....and I truly, truly hope that prayers will be answered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, i think it was one of the best, i had seen.
i love her voice over at the end, and think that is really cool to use at the end of your email.......
Diane