Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!


This past week I had the opportunity to go see Blood Diamond with William. What a POWERFUL movie! As a geologist I was really interested in this movie. I wanted to see what the diamond trade was all about. I didn't expect, however, to see so many deaths! I cannot even begin to imagine living in a country where civil war rages as depicted in this movie. Never knowing when, or if, rebels will invade your village, killing everyone without regard or remorse, is completely unfathonable to me. I imagine this is what Iraq must be like. I highly recommend this movie, but be careful with the kids. *Side note - not sure I will ever buy a diamond again.*

Another *perk* to this movie was Leonardo DiCaprio. Now mind you, I've never been a huge fan of his, but let me tell you that he really got me going in this movie! He's matured, the scruffy look works for him, love the rough-and-tough persona....I found him absolutely, totally, unwaveringly irresistible! I would SOOOOO let him have me!!!

No comments: