Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Decision Made....

After traveling to Ohio this past week and visiting both Ohio State and the University of Cincinnati I have decided to get my Ph.D. at the University of Tennessee. It was not an easy decision and I certainly didn't take it lightly - especially since the school color is orange...ewwww! (my least favorite color) Many factors played into it such as stipend, health insurance, cost of living, parking, other students, etc. I'll be moving on June 1st and will come back to Wilmington to finish my Master's here before the end of summer. I can't wait to get my office put together at UT. I'm going to paint my filing cabinet/bookshelves and put flowers all over them along with pictures of my friends and family.

The picture above was taken on top of Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya, Mexico. Another one of my 42 things accomplished!! I'll be scrapbooking it this weekend when I get to visit with all my friends at Deb's house. It will be the last time I get to crop with them and I'm sad. Janet and I are planning on drinking appletini's all day long!! I'll see everyone again at CK in August but it just isn't the same.

Thursday night I'll be going to Devon's house for Paleogirl's night. We are bbqing and I'm bringing wine and dessert. We eat and play games...it's just something fun to do outside of the classroom. I hope to be involved in such things at UT as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!
Diane

DeeDee C. said...

UT WOOHOOO I love that place. GO VALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to come see you and make you take me to a basketball game LOL LOL
Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!