Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just for Today...

Today, I am a mess. I'm fearful. I'm scared. I'm having mini panic attacks. It's one week until my move and I'm nervous. I'm trying to remember to breathe...really, I am. I'm so afraid my house is going to fall through and I'll be left homeless one week before my move. As a person who doesn't like big changes this one is a doozy!

I've said several prayers and have worked like a mad woman today to keep my mind off of things. One thing I keep remembering is to think "Just for today do not worry!" I got this from Doug Blasdell...a trainer on the BravoTV show Workout that passed away this past season. He was my hero on that show...a real person, not like the characters I enjoy on my doctor shows. So...he had these principles that he lived by and he kept this little piece of paper folded up in his wallet with them on there. They are as follows:

Just for today do not worry!
Just for today do not anger!
Honor your parents, teachers, and elders!
Earn your living honestly!
Show gratitude to all living things!

I'm trying to live by these principles. Each time this fear crops into my head I keep thinking "Just for today do not worry!" but it's not so easy...

Thank you Doug, wherever you are, for all you have done for me today.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Anytime I have thought of my OLDer sister, "fearful" and "scared" have never entered my mind. You are strong and you have done things that have stretched you much more than this. You will get through this because that is in your nature, a survivor.

You always have your friends and family to help you along the way. We are close enough to you that if ANYTHING happens, you have a short drive home.

Rene said...

Thank you...I needed to hear that a lot!!

Anonymous said...

((((((huggggsssssss))))) to you... Rene, you are one of the stronges people i know. Remember the early days of our friendship when you were just starting school, and look at where you are now? amazing, but yet, YOU are an amazing person, so its not surprising. you spent 6 weeks in the Wyoming back country for pete sakes!!!! you peed in a porta potty for 6 weeks and showered with others.... i TRULY believe this "should" be a piece of cake. but yes, it is a new adventure and no matter how much we look forward to those new adventures they do have a tendency to "scare us" but only because its taking you temporarily out of your comfort zone.
i'm always thinking of you and truly thankful you're my friend!
love ya Diane