Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update


My life has been so busy that I've barely had time to breathe! As you know from a previous post, I am moving to Knoxville at the end of this month. I tried to get my landlord here to allow me to stay for an extra month but they wanted to charge me an extra $300 per month...$1200 in rent...I don't THINK so!! Not for this place. So, I had to get going on finding a place in Knoxville.

I BOUGHT A HOUSE!! Yes, you read that right, I bought a house in Knoxville!! I spent 3 weekends in a row up there looking for a place while still finishing school here. It paid off...my house closes on the 31st of this month. It's cute....3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage. Finally, a place of my own!! I expect everyone to come visit as I will have a guest bedroom. I calculated my rent here in Wilmington over the past 5 years and I have paid *gasp* $42,000 in rent...with NOTHING to show for it!! Buying a house only makes sense. Thank goodness I have my VA though as I didn't have to put anything down.

School finished okay. I am officially done with classes for my master's degree. I think I may try to come back in December and walk for graduation. It would be great to go through the hooding ceremony. But not as great as when I'll get my PhD. I am going to miss my friends though. I've grown quite comfortable at UNCW over the past 4 years.

I've also been working on my thesis and my laboratory experiments. My brittle sea stars are not happy campers. For some reason they don't like being spun in a round tank with sand and mud moving all around them...especially when I heat up the water. The good part about my thesis is that while this is happening for 3 hours I get to write, etc. I should be able to defend my late July, early August...YAY ME!!

This past week was all of the season finales of my favorite shows. I'm not sure if you know it or not but I LOVE The Office. The first time it was on tv I watched and thought "what the heck is this show about" but I have come to absolutely love it. My friend Christy let me borrow her DVD's of the British version...too flippin funny!!

Guess that's all for today. I'll try to update a little more frequently now.


No comments: