Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Creative Urge...

Yesterday I took the opportunity to finally go to my local scrapbook store. They were having a special event where samples of all of the new classes were on display. Most of the things I found to be elementary as they seem to cater to the new scrapbooker. One artist really stood out though. Her name is Lynn Justice and she taught this chipboard purse last month...

This next month she will be teaching a book that fits inside this purse box. It was really beautiful. In addition, Lynn was there and I got to talk to her - such a pleasant person! I signed up for the book class and Lynn was kind enough to agree to bring me a class kit for the purse when I'm there for the class. I can't wait to work on this project!! The class is the day after my birthday so it will be a nice gift for myself.

To all my scrapbooking peeps out there - where do you buy heavy duty chipboard? This stuff that she used actually clicked when you tapped the pages together - it's really hard! It's much thicker and heavier than regular chipboard.

It was nice to be back in a scrapbook store. This particular store is quite well stocked but I also have many great opportunities in the area to buy supplies. There are 2 Hobby Lobby's, a Michaels, and an AC Moore. Also, let's not forget that a mere 30 miles away I have the two HUGE stores in Sevierville. I don't think I've ever seen as much stuff as there.

I also bought a new issue of Simple Scrapbooks yesterday and read it cover-to-cover last night. Needless to say, my creative juices are flowing and I am dying to get to creating again. I really need to find a crop group to hang out with. I think I may sign up for a crop at the scrapbook store just to be able to talk to people and get a feel for the scrapbook vibe in this area.

After all, all school and no scrapbooking makes René very irritable....

2 comments:

mbrshort40 said...

Glad you are feeling right at home!! I miss you here! I am going to Harry Potter on Wednesday though!!Will think of you! See you at CK!

Anonymous said...

So are you just gonna rub our noses in it? Wilmington is such a scrapbooking wasteland. And just so you know you can look forever and you won't be able to find a group of scrapbookers that even comes close to us. Of course that means you will have to come back to Wilmington on a regular basis to scrap with us. We miss you. Congratulations on William's accomplishments.

Love Deborah