Monday, July 09, 2007

Random Thoughts

Today was my first day at UT for the GK-12 program. It is going to be a blast!! I was assigned to a school close to the house so I'm very happy. I'll be teaching about 130 8th graders all about earth science. Pray for me...haha.

On the way to UT this morning I kept thinking about all the ORANGE around here and I thought to myself "you are just going to have to take pictures of all the wacky stuff people do around here that is ORANGE. So, here is installment #1 of THEY DO LOVE ORANGE IN KNOXVILLE.
From the ladies bathroom we have fake ORANGE tulips...

Ah, a bear dressed up in an ORANGE bumblebee outfit hanging on the side of a pillar....

A lovely ORANGE building on my way to and from school...

Trust me, as the days pass, there will be more....

I didn't get to scrapbook last night. I wasn't going to go to Denver in October to present at GSA but Tricia thought I really should. So, I had 48 hours to write an abstract about my research. Tricia edited and we've got that part done. Now it is coming up with a title. So...YAY ME!! I'm going to be in Denver for Halloween!! Has anyone has seen the latest issue of Simple Scrapbooks? I am going to make that travel log/diary that Donna Downey has in that issue. I'll call it "Where in the World do Paleontologists Go?" or something....

Mom: I had forgotten that HP was 12 in the first book. In the movie he seemed younger. Daniel will be so old when they finish filming the last HP movie though. I hope he's able to keep some youthful looks. By the way...can't WAIT for HP to come out!!

Deborah: You are so right!! No matter where I go or who I meet in the scrapbooking world there will be no group as special to me as my peeps in Wilmington. Lordy how I miss you all so much!!

Miranda: Can't WAIT to see you all at CK! As Deb would say "I need me some peep time"

Roxanne: I'm glad you like the scrapbook area. Now if I could only find time to scrapbook...haha. Wish you were going to CK in August with us. You'd love the classes.

Okay, must go work on my thesis...love you all!!!

No comments: