Monday, July 30, 2007

The things I do to avoid work...

In my neverending quest to avoid working on my thesis revisions I decided to decorate the spare bathroom AKA Richard's bathroom. I used a brown on the walls that made it very rich looking - almost like suede. I added dark brown towels (that Richard is NOT allowed to use), a medium brown shower curtain, and the coolest rug. It actually has all the colors in it plus a touch of pale turquoise. LOVE IT!! And it's as soft as can be.
One of my favorite things about the room though is the artwork. These pictures of dinosaurs were done by my niece, Haley. I framed them and hung them in the bathroom. They are way too cute!! My favorite is the one on the left, the brontosaurus AKA apatosaurus.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely love the rug!!! and colors in there........
very cool idea for haley's artwork!
Diane -Iowa

Roxanne said...

Haley will be so proud!! I will have to call her tonight and have her pull up your blog. She asks about you, Richard and William (aka funny one) all the time. She asked if we could go visit William because he must be lonely : )

Love the colors of the bathroom. Ran and I are trying to decide what to do when we take all our wallpaper down. I was thinking of using the rich colors of brown for our living room. It is a warming color.

Take care and hope you are loving your new job and location