Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Been busy....

First off....yes, I passed my thesis defense. Now I must do some revisions to my thesis and then submit another copy to my committee. Once the final draft is done I'll have copies made, get signatures, and bind copies into books. YAY!! I am currently working on getting my poster done for the annual GSA meeting in Denver. I will be there for Halloween. I'm going to have to see if I can find a ghost tour or something fun.

Class is now in session at UT and geochemistry is going to kick my hiney! Other than that I have some pretty awesome classes. Of course, my favorite is with Colin. We are doing an independent study looking at edrioasteroids and trying to narrow down my Ph.D. dissertation. I'm hoping to concentrate on paleoecology. I know I'll be looking at the prospect of movement in these extinct echinoderms. I am excited!!

Two days ago Richard told me that a couple of hummingbirds came by the front of the house and kept tapping at the red beads in the wind chime that Casey gave me. Yesterday I went out and bought a hummingbird feeder. Today I sat on the front porch and watched as the hummingbirds fed. Here's a picture....isn't it awesome?!?!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Congrats on your thesis defense. Hope you are well

Randy said...

Great news on your thesis. Hope your classes go well.