Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Paleogirls!

I am so very thankful for the UNCW Paleogirls! We made such an awesome team!!

Michelle is standing next to me. She and I went to Iceland together with Dr. Patricia H. Kelley, immediatly to the right. Michelle and I worked on our Master's theses at the same time and will graduate together in December. She is a wonderful person and I feel so lucky to count her as my friend.

Tricia Kelley was my advisor through both my Bachelors and Masters degrees. She is the person who really got me hooked on paleontology. I've never met someone who is so "pro-student." I am truly blessed to have had her as such an important part of my life.

On the far right is Patti Mason. Patti is an amazing person! She came to UNCW during the second semester of my Bachelors degree and fit right into our group. Yes, she was a part of the "Fab Five" group. Patti is not just smart - this woman is brilliant! I pale in comparison. Plus, she generally loves everyone and would do anything to help you. Such a spectacular person.

Sadly, my friend Christy Visaggi is not in this picture. She is a PhD student at UNCW working with Tricia. Although I've only been friends with Christy for a little over a year, I feel so lucky to have her as my friend and she was a lovely addition to the Paleogirls.

So there you have it - the UNCW Paleogirls! Tricia once told me that "we Paleogirls need to stick together!" I can't imagine that our paths will venture too far apart. We have shared too much and come too far together to allow that to happen.

How lucky am I to have all of these amazing people in my life!?!?

No comments: