Sunday, November 18, 2007

What I'm Reading...

This is what I'm reading in that spare 37 seconds I have every day. This book was recommended to me by Casey and is entitled "Smart Women Finish Rich: 7 Steps to Achieving Financial Security and Funding Your Dreams." It's a fact, the price of oil is going through the roof. We all see this as we fill up our gas tank. But I am worried about how it's going to affect other things....like the price of food (it has to be shipped around the country) and the price of other consumer goods (that also have to be shipped...and let's not forget the plastic that we all love so much is petroleum based).

This book puts steps into place for you and defines some of the more technical aspects of things like 401k's and money market accounts. Some of the book is also pretty basic stuff like "stop spending money." It's an interesting read...

So my goal is to try to save some money for that proverbial rainy day. Also, I want to be able to take at least one big trip per year because I love to travel so much. In order to accomplish this I'm going to be tightening my purse strings a bit and saving some money.

While some are dreaming of a white Christmas, I'm dreaming of Hawaii....Alaska....Europe....Galapagos.....

No comments: