Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No go...


In all of my years of academia I have never missed a day of class because of weather (I even rode my bicycle in freezing rain to UNCW). Today will be my first. This morning, about 30 minutes before I was about to leave for class, the local station starting warning people about numerous accidents on the roadways. We have freezing temperatures and light rain....a perfect combination for black ice. UT is on 2 hour delay but I'm just not risking it. I love school but I love my life even more. I'm staying home....

As of this blog entry the City of Knoxville has reported 200+ accidents in the few hours that people have been on the roads. We've even had a report of an ambulance flipped over with a patient in it...

10:00am: Just stepped outside to look at conditons...my driveway is a solid sheet of ice...

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Stay in, Stay safe

Anonymous said...

i agree with roxanne stay in and stay safe!
we have like 9 plus inches of snow - i'll keep the snow since we had ice the beginning of December and still have it under the snow! yuk.
yes, it seems as though people just can't figure out how to drive in conditions like that.
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hey you,
stay in would you..... its not sunny Ca today we have rain (I know hard to beleive we have rain but we do.) May even get down to 50 tonight :-) miss you
DeeDee