Friday, January 04, 2008

One little word...

Ali Edwards, a scrapbook/life artist, has instituted a yearly prompt called "One Little Word." To explain, she states:

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. Last year I began a tradition of chosing one word for myself each January - a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. Last year my word was something I wanted to bring into my life in a more tangible way. My word was play."

This year she is doing the challenge again. My chosen word this year is "proactive." The journaling a the bottom of my layout tells all. It reads:

"Please don't tell anyone...this needs to remain our little secret...I have a slight tendency to be LAZY! The main issue with this habit is that I cannot afford to be lazy at this point in my academic career. I have 3 1/2 years to complete this Ph.D. and I must get it done. So, my word of inspiration for this year is "PROACTIVE" meaning that I will be more involved in creating the life that I want. This isn't just for academia but for other facets in my life. I will be proactive with my health, with traveling, and with exploring new things."

I think this word fits me well. For the few who read this blog...what would your one little word be this year??

Also, if you'd like to read more about Ali Edwards and her One Little Word challenge, click here.

No comments: