Saturday, February 23, 2008

Beware...New Line Cinema Movies!

Well, Friday night movie night watching Hairspray was a bust. Let me tell you why! So I put the movie into my DVD player and the thing won't play. It's stuck on "loading." Okay...so I take the movie out, clean it, put it back in, same thing! I try for about 15 minutes before I finally give up and watch The Holiday for the billionth time. So today I take it back to Blockbuster, they give me another copy, I head home and pop it into the DVD player to make sure it works...NOPE! I'm now really irritated and head BACK to Blockbuster and ask them to test another copy before I take it home. They do and it works just fine on their DVD player. So, I tootle on home and pop it into the DVD player....NOTHING! I swear to goodness I feel like a dang idiot but the thing won't play. I pop in a couple of new movies I'd bought and they play just fine but Hairspray won't play. I call Blockbuster and tell them and they ask me what type of player I have and that I can exchange this movie for another movie if I'd like. I told them I'd stop by tomorrow.

I decide to check on the internet to see if anyone else is having this issue and sure enough, folks are! Apparently New Line Cinema has put some code on the DVD that won't allow it to play on some DVD players...something about burning DVD's. Oh really now...how smart is that, really? You're excluding a part of your audience and I don't even HAVE a DVD burner! I'll tell you what, I won't be renting another New Line Cinema DVD again!! All in all the video cost me $5.01 and 2 gallons of gas for all of this return (at $3 a gallon)...New Line Cinema has now lost my business. I know I'm one small person but I have to make a stand.

Today I am grateful for:
1. The twin-size electric blanket I bought for when I'm sitting in my living room.
2. Sleeping in a little bit
3. The Holiday (saved me last night)
4. Peeps (which I love to smell and can't wait for Lent to be over so I can eat)
5. Getting my homework done

No comments: