Thursday, March 06, 2008

Coming up for air...

I love going to conferences...really I do....but the amount of work that needs to be done when you get back makes you really rethink your trip. I have been pulling 13 hour days to try to get homework done...and even at that I didn't finish part C on my statistics homework. I just couldn't do it and get the homework turned in by 5:00pm. I ran up the stairs at 4:59 to make sure it was in the professor's mailbox by that time.

No classes tomorrow. Instead, I'm having my hair cut/colored, manicure, and an eyebrow wax...before I go grocery shopping and then return home to work like a dog....

Things I'm grateful for:
1. Richard texting me tonight about our trip to Castle Hayne Quarry a couple of years ago where he found sharks teeth.
2. That my statistics homework got turned in on time.
3. Tentative plans for a poster made for the annual GSA meeting in Houston.
4. Starbucks, that they rescued me this afternoon with a cup of coffee and a piece of lemon pound cake when I needed it most.
5. Rhiannon, who passed her dissertation defense...she shall now be referred to as Dr. Mayne (YOU ARE SO AWESOME GIRL!!)

No comments: