Friday, March 07, 2008

Seriously, yes, I did...

I did exactly what I said I was going to do! Today I got my hair cut and colored (don't you just love the picture? It's for my Month of Me mini-book.) Be advised, it was early in the morning and I have no makeup on...like that matters, right? ha ha

So after that was done I stopped by my local scrapbook store and $50 later walked out with some cool stuff, some for this mini-book! Seriously, I needed, NEEDED this stuff...really! You'll see why as you read on.

Afterwards, I went and had my nails done. I usually get a french manicure but it seems like the technique they use here doesn't last...not even a day! So, I've taken to doing my own paint job (and have gotten pretty good at it, thank you very much) but I am terrible at the shaping, filing, etc. So, it's worth the $12 in my book.

Stopped by Blockbuster...picked up "Into the Wild." I read this book about 6 months ago and loved it. It's a true story. You should check it out.

Next I stopped by the grocery store and picked up the fixings for corn chowder and chicken Parmigiana. I'm going to cook it in the crockpot this week thanks to the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, A Year of Crockpotting.

So I know you're thinking...."René, why did you need to spend $50 at the scrapbook store????" Well, we've got snow on the way and I wanted to make sure I had fun stuff to do even though I am not planning on going out anytime this weekend.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Things I am grateful for:
1. My local scrapbook store. The great owners there feed my fix.
2. Deborah, who sent me a link to a really cool workshop today.
3. Patti, who got a couple of papers I needed from UNCW's interlibrary loan
4. Brownie mix
5. Snow! (so I can stay home without feeling even one teensy-weensy-eensy bit guilty)

No comments: