Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break Baby!!!

Today is the FIRST day of my TWELVE day spring break...oh yea!!!! It's not going to be all fun and games, however. I'll be at the public library every day from 10am-4pm, except Sunday, working on the two projects I have going. First is my zoogeography project in which I am tracking the spread of the Crown-of-Thorns sea star. This is the starfish that is destroying the corals in the Great Barrier Reef. I'm looking at how man has influenced it's spread AKA invasion.

The second project is a statistics project and it uses the data I collected at UNCW this past winter. It will be presented in a poster at GSA (in April) and prepared for publishing. Oh, and it's my statistics class project as well. I think I passed the statistics test yesterday but won't know until I get back.

Did I mention it's spring break?? You can make your own pretty spring picture here. Just run your mouse across the background it the beautiful flowers pop up. Makes me happy...

Time to go frolick...

1 comment:

Devon Olivola said...

12 days? *sigh* I wish our break was that long. Been a long time since we heard anything so I wanted to drop you a note and say hi! =) I did interviews over at ECU and it seems really promising. I should hear from them in the next few weeks! Drop me an email =P.
-Devon