Friday, April 25, 2008

Meet my girl!


This is my new little girl, Honor Pookie Lewis! She is a 6-week old Border Collie Mix. Everyone I've met thinks she looks like a Rottweiler but I think it's just her coloring that makes folks think that. She has kind of long hair, triangle shaped floppy ears, and a curly tail. She also has one white spot on her chin. She was the only girl in the litter and I new I wanted her immediately!

This morning we went for our first LONG walk around the neighborhood. When we got back I needed to do some work on my computer so I put her on a towel in front of me. She was out like a light! I even got up and left the room to start some laundry!

You might ask about the name...Honor, because she's going to be one heck of a field/hiking dog, and Pookie for my sister Roxanne. We used to tease Roxanne all the time that her middle name was Pookie and that she'd been adopted. (Roxanne, if you are reading this you are adopted...mom just won't tell you...really...trust me...I'm your sister....would I lie to you???)

Starting Monday she'll be a fixture in the lab at UT. I checked around with my office-mates yesterday to make sure no one was allergic to dogs. And yes, we are allowed to bring our pets to school, at least in my department. Isn't that the coolest thing?!?!

Ooooh....new stuff to scrapbook!! Must buy new dog scrapbook supplies...YAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AM NOT!!!

Pookie

Judy & Ernie said...

Little furry faces are the best kind. I hope your's doen't EAT your rocks like ours does. Congrats & Happy Hiking..

MJ said...

I love the new addition to your family! She is soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

she is adorable!!!!!!!!
Diane

Toni Bellingrath said...

Rene, your new baby is precious beyond words. I'm so very, very happy for you both.

Wish UNCW had a pet policy other than "absolutely not." You can bet my beagle Jillie would never have to spend another day home alone.

We love you & miss you around here, kiddo! Toni