Thursday, July 24, 2008

Working, Playing, 'n Stuff

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been working on my proposal for my dissertation. It's amazing how much work goes into these things. I find that I lack motivation most days. I'd rather be doing other things...*sigh*

I just finished a book called "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" by Bill Bryson. One night while reading in bed I came across a part in the book where I started to laugh hysterically! Tears were streaming down my face and I could barely breathe. This guy is too funny! I also recommend his book "A Walk in the Woods." It's about hiking the Appalachian Trail. I'm now reading a book called "Good in Bed." These books, by the way, are compliments of Casey. She's such an avid reader!

I've also been spending some time with Honor and taking her to the dog park to exercise. There's a really great group of people that are always there. I've enjoyed getting to know them. We only go every other day because it's a bit of a drive. We tried to go yesterday but when we got there it was pouring down rain! Oddly enough there was no indication of rain on my side of town.

Lastly, if you haven't seen this video of the lion you need to...it will bring you to tears so have tissue handy!

No comments: