Saturday, September 06, 2008

2 Outta 3 Ain't Bad, Baby!

I entered 3 items into the Tennessee Valley Fair to see if I could win a blue ribbon...one of the things on my "43 things" (AKA Bucket) list. Low and behold but I won 2 blue ribbons!!!! At the scrapbooking booth I found out that the judges liked my Book of Me so much that many of them ran home and/or got their husbands to bring down their cameras to take pictures of said book. I'm flattered...how cool is that!! Here's a picture of the book with the blue ribbon.

Here is a picture of the Christmas ornament that I made that won the blue ribbon as well. This ornament has Swarovski crystals on it for added sparkle...

I wandered the fair, ate the required corn dog and funnel cake ($5 now for some fried dough...jinkies!!!) and then plopped my hiney down on row 12 to see these guys....

Yep, yep, yep...my beloved Village People!! This picture is near the end of the concert when they sang "In the Navy." Now, for those that don't know, when I was trying to get into shape to join the Navy myself I listened to this song over and over and over and over again until I thought my grandparents were going to have a nervous breakdown over it. I must have played that song 5 bajillion times (right, Goody?) Anyway, it was great to see them in concert last night. Three of the members are original (construction worker, policeman, army guy). I honestly didn't recognize David Hodo, the construction worker, as he has gotten so skinny...I mean scary skinny. I thought for sure he was a new guy. But when they introduced the members they said "David Hodo"...my jaw dropped. Had a great time....sang until my throat hurt....did the YMCA with more gusto than most in the crowd....and won two, count them T-W-O blue ribbons. Now that's one hell of a day!!!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Congratulations, we are very proud. You have gotten a few more things of your bucket list if I remember correctly.

Rhiannon said...

bpe

Rhiannon said...

ummm what? I actually said 'CONGRATULATIONS René!!!!!' and somehow when I posted it that got lost. Most odd.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! you are so awesome!
and the Village People - I am SOOOO jealous!
love them!
Diane

Casey said...

Introducing two-time blue ribbon winner and self proclaimed Village people sl**, Ms. Rene Lewis....(crowd cheers)...and the bestest friend one loony malcontent bit** could have.