Friday, September 12, 2008

Random Musings...

The picture above is from the movie "Nights in Rodanthe" starring Richard Gere and Diane Lane. I just finished reading the book by Nicholas Sparks...what a wonderful book! I cannot wait for the movie to come out on September 26th. I'll be going on opening day. I always enjoy NS books but I think this one really struck a chord as it was about adults, 54 & 41 years of age, in fact. I read it in 2 days which is very unusual for me because I have so much other reading to do. Very much enjoyed it...highly recommend reading it.

Went to a workshop today on how to be an effective teacher by understanding the 4 different learning styles. Learned a lot! One of the main things we did was take the test to see what type of learner we are. I am an "Accommodater" meaning that my strength lies in doing things, in carrying out plans and experiments and becoming involved in new experiences. I prefer hands-on activities and field trips. It's a "management" type of learning style. A famous example of said style would be Donald Trump. I don't think I'm like DT because I feel he's cold and calculating. One of the criteria for this style is that you like people and use feelings in your decision process. Seriously, do you think DT fits that profile?

Came off the freeway today on my way home and thought something must be wrong with the gas station signs....$4.49 a gallon. Um....I put in $40 last night at 9pm at $3.69 a gallon...must be a mistake....and drove on. Next station, same thing....next station, same thing.....gas raised 80 cents overnight!! Apparently Knoxville is running out of gas and not sure when more deliveries will be coming due to the hurricanes. I guess Honor won't be going to the dog park this weekend as that's just outrageous and they are predicting >$5 a gallon within the next day or two. Lovely....

I think I'm going to scrapbook this weekend to escape reality....

No comments: