Sunday, November 09, 2008

Oh, so happy!

One of the requirements for the PhD program is to submit a proposal on what your intended project is and is usually approximately 20 pages long. I've had some of this proposal written but have been a little overwhelmed lately with other projects....and of course the fact that I can be lazy and would rather read a cookbook than a journal article some days. Last Thursday I set a self-imposed deadline that I would get this project finished and to my advisor by Monday morning.

So, yesterday I sat down at my computer....all day long, in fact....from 10am until 8pm...and have practically finished my proposal. Today I simply need to add one photo (of the slab that you see in the picture above), reread, and check for consistency. I'll give it to Colin in the morning for him to comment on and proof before it goes to the rest of my committee. Oh, and it ended up being 30 pages long....yes, 30!

I have been so blessed in my life's journey and have many things to be thankful for but today I am especially grateful for...

1. The luxury of being able to go to school full-time.
2. That I have an advisor who is encouraging and doesn't get frustrated with me.
3. That I will be able to hand said advisor a copy of the proposal tomorrow, thereby sticking to my word.
4. That I spoke with William yesterday and we made his plane reservations to come home for Christmas.
5. That Richard seems to be doing well in Wilmington.
6. For the Thai Green Curry I made for dinner the other night because I didn't have to cook today and could work on my project.
7. Tor the green tea and coffee that kept me awake and writing.
8. For you...yes, you...my family and friends who read this blog and leave me wonderful comments every so often. I wish I could give you a hug.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So very sweet! Thanks for sharing and I'm totally green over your cruise!

Roxanne said...

Congrats on getting it done..I probably would have fallen asleep halfway through. I also got to talk to William last night and we laughed for 30 minutes. He called to tell me about a movie I have to go and see because it is funny and filled with KISS music. I can't wait to see both my nephews for the holidays and kick their butt in RISK!!!!