Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Word of the Year and Intentions

It's time to choose my 2009 word of the year...and this year I choose.....


I have so many things that I want to accomplish this year. Usually we call these things "Resolutions" but I have always had issues with that word. Instead, I am going to borrow from a fellow scrapbook blogger, Jill Conyers, and use the word "Intentions."

Here are my 2009 Intentions:

1. Exercise 3 times per week, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes strength training each time.
2. Eat a more healthy diet.
3. Follow the caloric advice of Myfitnesspal.com in order to lose 2 pounds per week.
4. Spend $10 or less per month on scrapbook supplies, except in May when I will be attending CKU and the Donna Downey Inspired Event.
5. Get two paleontology papers out for publishing.
6. Read 12 books (one per month).
7. Attend church regularly.
8. Take more road trips to explore Tennessee and the surrounding area.

I've stuck with 8 intentions as that is my lucky number. I'd love to hear what some of your intentions/resolutions are. I'll be updating the look of my blog to be able to add these intentions on the side and keep a list of the books I have read. I just ordered "Last Lecture" from the library. I can't wait to read it.

On a scrapbook note: finished my 52 card deck yesterday. It came out lovely. Finished my December Daily album the day before. I'm enjoying looking through that. I have a couple of projects I'm working on today as well.

Have a safe and happy New Year!
And to Roxanne's friend in India that reads my blog.... नया साल मुबारक हो
Namaste

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I would love to read the Last Lecture when you are done, if that is ok. I will be writing up my "intentions" for 2009. I think you should always have a goal to shoot for or why bother. Since my sister created a "To Do" kit for me, I need to also get started on that list of things to do. Wow! 2009 looks like it will be a fantastic year! Looking forward to hearing updates on your progress. Happy New Year

Cameron said...

Love your word and that photo! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I've added you to my bookmarks. :)

Deborah said...

My word for 2009 is "Commit". I have decided not to just say I want to do this or that but to actually do it. To make the decision to commit!

Deborah