Monday, December 29, 2008

A Return to Normal...

Christmas was great but there was not enough time with the boys. I wish it would have been longer...a lot longer. I miss them far too much.

Our family tradition for Christmas Eve is to eat fish tacos for dinner and play a game. This year it was Monopoly.

Then came Christmas morning and the opening of the presents. What I didn't post before today (so as not to spoil the surprise) was that I have booked William and Richard onto my summer Alaska cruise! I made two of those Snapfish books for the boys that went through this story of all the crazy things we'd done, complete with pictures. When the boys got to the end of the book I said that I missed traveling with them so I'd booked them on the cruise with me. The pictures below are the boys reading the books.


Needless to say they were blown away. They both hugged me so hard and it meant so much. Today we sit at 219 days until we cruise!

William got me an amazing present and I tell you about it here because I want you to know that you can do something totally meaningful without spending a dime. He did a couple of things:

1. Went to Ventura Pier, bought a bottle of water from Ericssons on the Pier and filled it with ocean water and sand. Ventura beach was where I spent most of my lunches when I worked in Ventura.

2. Cut out the Superman "S" off of his old hoodie that I think he wore for 10+ years...we got it at Magic Mountain. It's for my scrapbook.

3. William has recently taken up the drums. He gave me his first broken drumstick.

4. Put together a CD with pictures of him and his motorcycle, pictures of Ventura Beach and the pier, pictures of some of the Nits crew (the group of kids he has been hanging out with since high school), and pictures of our Oxnard and Camarillo houses.

I think I am going to buy a shadow-box frame and put these items in there. This is one of my most favorite Christmas gifts....ever.

I hope you had a lovely holiday. I'll be posting my 2009 word along with some other creative information later this week. Must get some writing done before them.

No comments: