Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ah...that man makes me crazy!

The Firth-Fest was wonderful last night. I watched both of the Bridget Jones movies back-to-back. A couple of my favorite scenes from these movies are...

1st movie: When he's helping her in the kitchen and the doorbell rings and it's her friends and he kind of smiles and adjusts his tie, when he's walking away to get her a new diary (oh my goodness...that lovely swagger as his coat swings behind him), and at the very end when she said "Wait a minute, nice boys don't kiss like that" and he replies "Oh yes, they f***ing do"....*whew*

And who can forget this one:

Mark Darcy: I like you, very much.
Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.
Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are.

2nd movie: When he's in bed underneath the covers and he says "Bridget, will you stop? Stop staring at me while I'm asleep. Now, find something to do. " and when they leave to go to work that day and she starts to text him and his text comes in "I miss you, too"

Mark Darcy: [Bridget gets out of bed covered in a sheet and begins to fumble around] What on Earth are you doing?
Bridget Jones: Getting dressed.
Mark Darcy: Why're you dancing around in that tent business?
Bridget Jones: Because I don't want you to see any of my wobbly bits.
Mark Darcy: Well now that's a bit pointless isn't it. As I happen to have a very high regard for your wobbly bits. In all circumstances.
Bridget Jones: Really?
Mark Darcy: Absolutely. I think it's high time we had another look.

I have collected so many photos of Colin Firth that I think I am going to eventually make a mini-book about my love for him. And speaking of scrapbooking, I was able to complete 9 pages yesterday...YAY! I'm scrapbooking a bit again this morning. Here's my list for today:

laundry
scrapbook
balance checkbook
go through mail (I hate mail so only do it once a week)
go to petsmart
go to ijams nature park for a walk with Honor

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Oh now you made me want to watch those movies again!!! :)

roxanne said...

wow, I haven't seen any movies with him in it except Mama Mia. Guess I better get them checked out from the library.