Sunday, February 15, 2009

I hate exercise...seriously...

But I have got to do it. I have slacked for the past three weeks! I need to get my butt in gear and get back into the gym. Maybe it's because I've set up this "must exercise 5 days a week at the gym" mentality, but I'm not sure. I'm starting back tomorrow...seriously! I think I am also going to start doing yoga at night here at the house. I love yoga and find that my hips have been hurting a bit. I think it's because I haven't been stretching out the muscles as much.

What prompted this post today is a story on MSN.com about how exercise helps your life...such as:

1. Boosts your brain power (could use some of that)
2. Builds muscle strength for life.
3. Whittles your waistline.
4. Lowers stress level.
5. Lowers risk of breast cancer.
6. Sleep better (could really use that lately!)
7. Strengthens bones.
8. Staves off heart disease.
9. Lift depression.
10. Prevent diabetes.

So, back to the gym I go. Not only for those reasons but it is only about 5 1/2 months until my cruise and I would love to have an extra few pounds gone so that I can hike the glaciers comfortably.

No comments: