Thursday, March 12, 2009

Aldi...Sweet...Aldi

Yesterday was such a lovely day because the new Aldi has opened in Knoxville and I went shopping! I was first introduced to Aldi when I visited England in 1998. What a store! The prices are inexpensive and the food is great. I can see that I'll be shopping here weekly.

My mother has an Aldi in the little podunk town she lives in and yet we didn't have one here in Knoxville! It was sad. About 2 months ago I was pulling out of Hobby Lobby and sitting at the light when I saw the Aldi sign. Seriously, I crossed 3 lanes of traffic and probably knocked over a few people and scared a few birds getting over to where it was. It was still under construction but I called my Mom from the parking lot as excited as could be.

Yesterday's visit lived up to my own personal "hype". I left with $46 worth of groceries and a big smile on my face....

I *heart* Aldi...

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Seriously, you are weird.