Sunday, June 07, 2009

Day at Biltmore...

I love looking at homes, especially Biltmore Estate. Richard and I used to go to all of the open houses when we lived in California. I just love to get ideas on how to decorate, etc. Anyway, Biltmore Estate is located in the hills of Asheville, NC where it is always cool and green. This is the largest home in the United States. Be assured, it is magnificent.

I met my mom and sisters last Thursday and spent the day wandering through the house and the gardens. I took a LOT of pictures, but then again, I always do (right, Roxanne?).

I love this picture of the house. Notice all of the gargoyles protecting it (see the one hanging off the side of the house over the chimney).

Two large marble lions guard the entrance to the house. I love how this picture came out. I *might* enter it into the fair.

The conservatory was filled with lillies and the air was sweet with their perfume. Notice the gungle-bee (that's what Richard used to call them) on this one.

I think the best part of the day was spending time with my mom and sisters. Family ties are really important to me. We all lead such busy lives. It was good to spend a "girls day" together. We're talking of doing this now once a month or so.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I did enjoy the day out and appreciated the cool goodie bags you brought us. I like the house and try to imagine what it was like to live in that time period. I don't think I would have done well unless I was rich. Did you see the laundry facilities? Can you imagine having to do all that work instead of simply putting it in the machine and pressing a button?