Monday, September 14, 2009

Best of Show!

Last week I dropped off 3 scrapbooks at the Tennessee Valley Fair for judging. If you remember from last year, it was one of the items on my bucket list to win a blue ribbon in the fair. I did not know however that there was a ribbon for Best of Show. And....it's PURPLE!! Guess who won it this year????? ME!! See......

The scrapbook that won was my December Daily book where I count down the 25 days leading up to Christmas. Basically you put in there little tidbits of things you did during the day and some other fun memories. I put pictures of Christmas ornaments, memories of the boys at Christmas, etc.

The other two blue ribbons were for the all fabric scrapbook that I put together. There is a picture of it below. It took a lot of time to sew and I doubt I'll make another one. Too much work!!

Lastly, I put together a scrapbook about the most influential people in my life. This included pages about my boys, parents, grandparents, friends, etc. I was told it was the journaling that got the attention of the judges. I'm so happy I worked on this book. It means a lot to me.


Who knows what I'll submit next year but I can guarantee that I won't be able to top the excitement from this year.

YAY ME!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

well this is more exciting than the salt and pepper museum. Congrats on your multitude of winnings.