Thursday, September 24, 2009

I am suffering from a bad case of writer's block. I am trying to work on a small part of a chapter of a memoir that is going to be coming out about edrioasteroids and I simply can't seem to find the groove that I need to get the writing done. I don't know what it is but I seriously am lacking motivation for the project today. I have been struggling with this for the past couple of weeks and have been taking care of other projects instead (like my talk for GSA). But the truth is, this project is due by the end of next month and I still have to get it to a few people before then for review.

Why do we get writer's block and what is the cure???

4 comments:

roxanne said...

Not sure what writer's block is....I don't write papers!!! Keep your chin up and just plug along. As with everything, you will get it done.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what writer's block is either - and Roxanne is right - you will get it done

But maybe you need to do some mindless enjoyment - ok, I hope you know what I mean by that - I know usually you would do scrapbooking - but maybe its getting a massage, a pedi, hmmmmm a food fight, lol.........ya know something...

Anonymous said...

oops forgot to sign my name ....
that last post was from me - Diane

see i'm being mindless!

MJ said...

I have experienced writer's block. My remedy is to put it on the side and do something differnt without stressing it is not done. When I am less stressed, I begin to visualize what I want to write. Sometimes you need to begin "brain-storming" writing. I hope this helps.