Sunday, September 06, 2009

Yesterday I took a drive to Gatlinburg, Tennessee to see some of the sites. BIG MISTAKE!! How silly I was to think thaat most of the people in this area would be heading to the opening Volunteer football game! Nope, instead it seems as if everyone that didn't go to the football game went to Gatlinburg instead. I spent a crazy amount of time in traffic but that was okay, I finally got to make it to the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum!! What an interesting place. This museum contains over 20,000 sets of salt and pepper shakers. I'm sharing a few of my favorites here.

Love this Beatles inspired set!

And I do love me some frogs...


How cute is this pair with their little pearl earrings?


And this one was my absolute favorite!! Love the face on the little old guy. Too precious!!

Afterwards I went to a huge jam and jelly store. This place is twice as big as my house and filled with miscellaneous jams, jellies, salsas, honey, salad dressings, and BBQ sauces. Everything in the store is made in the back-room kitchen that you can see from the cash register. It was quite a sight! I purchased a small jar of huckleberry jam. I first had huckleberries in Shell, Wyoming when I was in field course. The little store down the street used to make huckleberry pancakes and ice cream. I'm going to buy some bagels at the store this morning to have with the jam.

Today I'm working on some scrapbooking, doing laundry, and heading to the dog park. I've been doing some scrapbooking this past week and will share some of my creations in a later post.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Ummmm. So instead of popping in to see me, you decided to go see the worlds largest salt and pepper shaker museam. Interesting. You do get weirder.....