Friday, March 12, 2010

Toronto!

Last week I went to Toronto to do some work at the Royal Ontario Museum. I will write more about that tomorrow and include some pictures from there. But first I wanted to share some of my pictures from Niagara Falls. Yep, I finally got to go and I was able to cross TWO things off my bucket list. The first thing....taking a ride in a helicopter!! The picture below is from the helicopter ride over the falls. I am totally hooked on helicopters now! This gives you such a different perspective on Niagara Falls. Isn't it gorgeous?? Oh, and that "cloud" isn't a cloud...it's the spray from the falls.

After we landed we got back on the tour bus and headed to the falls. I was able to grab a couple of college students to take my picture. They did a great job. This picture will go on my travel wall. Truly, I am excited!!

This is a picture I took near the edge of the falls. You are right next to it when you go. I figured they'd probably keep you back a bit but you can get very close. The power behind these falls is just amazing. And I have to say that anyone that decides they "might" be able to make it over these falls alive in a barrel needs to have their head checked!

More pictures from the museum tomorrow...I just really wanted to share these with you. Niagara Falls is amazing...truly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

truly cool I was hoping that you would post pictures!
Diane
p.s. our snow is finally starting to melt!

Roxanne said...

I always wondered why the water never ran out.