Tuesday, March 02, 2010

What I did while the Olympics were on...

Five weeks ago I started a knitting class. I made a basic scarf and I learned how to knit on circular needles! I made this cap...it's purple and is so comfortable. I have definitely caught the knitting bug and am eager to start some new projects. But...one has to wait for payday to get some more yarn (because I like the expensive stuff).

So in the meantime I finished crocheting two of these washclothes. Every time I make these I think of Gramma Floyd. She was my ex-husband's grandmother and I think she was the only one in the family that ever really liked me. She passed away several years ago but there are times I know she's hanging around...especially when I'm making no-bake cookies. While she was alive I never had a batch of those darn things set up correctly. Since she has passed I've never had a batch fail. I often think she visits on the days I make them and passes on her expertise. I always openly say "Thank you, Gramma" when I'm making them because I know she can hear me.

I also picked up this old, old cross stitch again. I haven't touched it for 10+ years but it is on my bucket list to finish. It will be done before summer....trust me! The pattern has a Gramma's Fan quilt on it. That's my favorite quilt pattern.


I've also been working on a few of these...they are temari balls and I want to display them in my house in a large ginger jar type vessel.

And today, because I finished the presentation I was working on, I put together this roll for my knitting needles. I purchased the fabric over a year ago for an event I was going to but never used it. It worked out perfectly for this! The colors are so me. I found a pattern online. It took me about 4 hours to complete. It would have taken less time but my sewing machine kept messing up. At one point I yelled at it to remind it that it could be replaced! Anyway, you can find the directions here. Can I also say that for someone who doesn't know how to sew (except for the hem on a pair of pants) that I did a pretty darn good job of keeping things straight?


Doesn't it look cute all rolled up?? I really liked this project. It would make a cute present for someone who enjoys knitting or crocheting.

So that's been my past couple of weeks. Both my fingers and my mind have been busy, busy, busy.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Fantastic!!! Love the hat!! Good to see an update from you.