Saturday, March 13, 2010

Working at the ROM...

Working at the Royal Ontario Museum was wonderful! I still can't believe that I'm a scientist and actually get to to work in the back areas of the museums. Below is a picture of the outside of the museum. The original parts of the museum are the old stonework one would expect. Apparently the museum wanted to make some additions. The person who came up with this design was sitting across the street eating lunch when he had an ah-ha moment and penciled a sketch of the design you see below onto the back of a napkin. It looks really out of place to me but I like the older stonework look to a museum front.

Although it looks a little odd outside, inside it's a good space and provides ample room for my favorite dinosaurs, the sauropods. Sauropods are the big lumbering plant eaters. Think brontosaurus...

And who could leave a museum without taking a picture of the menacing T-Rex?? Here he is, in all his scary goodness...

It was a great visit and I was treated so wonderfully by the staff. I just can't thank them enough for all they did for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a scientist - did you ever think all those years ago when you started taking one class here, one class there, then finally going full time that you would end up where you are now?
you are truly amazing and an inspiration and I'm so gladd that I can call you my friend!
Diane

Roxanne said...

All of these trips would make a great scrapbook!