Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Is it in the air? the water? or both?

This has been a rough year. There has been a lot of down days with the changes in the economy and such. But another thing that has been concerning me is the frequency with which people I know have been getting sick...people who were seemingly healthy beforehand. In March I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my leg, yet up until that point I'd been healthy. Now, within the past two weeks two of my friends have become gravely ill. It's just odd to me that this seems like a pattern.

I've never been the type to send flowers when someone is ill. Flowers die and/or you have to cart them home from the hospital. So instead I make small packages for friends with little tokens that might make them smile. My mom always bought us a new coloring book and crayons when we got sick so that is always the essential part of my get well kit, no matter what your age! I also like to add in a word search book and new pen along with a box or two of candy like Mike & Ike's or Boston Baked Beans. It just makes folks smile.

One of my friends locally has had to go into the hospital and his dog, Lucy, has had to go stay with relatives far away. I know that he misses his dear Lucy so much so I made this little scrapbook to help him be closer to her. It was simple and only took about 2 hours. Sometimes it's the little things that mean so much.






4 comments:

Jingle said...

This is such a beautiful gift album! You did a wonderful job with it! I'm sure he will appreciate this so much.

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice blog thanks for sharing.. have a blessed one..

Tracy said...

I soooo love your mini album. What a sweet gift.
I also mke these same type of get well gifts. Search a word, and colouring books and a bit of chocolate :)

Anonymous said...

Mom actually brought me a coloring book and Crayons Rene when I was in my accident last week :) I love traditions.