Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day ? - Ode to Harry Potter...

For those that don't know, I am a fan of Harry Potter. I'm not the type of fan that memorizes lines or dresses up like the characters (although I have been known to stand in the lines to get my new book at the midnight release where I also made magic wands out of sticks and glitter). So when I went to London I had to go find Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station because that's where Harry Potter gets on the Hogwart's Express, the steam train that takes the students to Hogwarts. Here I am making my way into Platform 9 3/4...my luggage is already through the wall!

Below is a picture of where they filmed Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley is where Hagrid first takes Harry to buy all of his required items for school, including his wand, his books, and of course his owl, Hedgwig. We looked for the bar they filmed The Leaky Cauldron in but could not find it. *sigh* Would have loved to have gone for a butter beer.

Finally, trying to get into the Ministry of Magic. You have to enter this phone booth and dial the secret number (spells MAGIC on the keypad) while holding the phone in the air. The Ministry of Magic operator will come on and ask who you are trying to see. I was heading in to see Percy Weasley.

Great fun on this little side jaunt. Will share more tomorrow!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Ohhh such fun pictures. Love the one on the train platform. I have to show my daughter these.
How have I missed so many of your posts?
I will be a better blogger friend in the fall when I am not so busy, I promise.

Anonymous said...

that is so fun!!

Diane

MJ said...

...and I bet you didn't even experience lost luggage! Enjoy!