Saturday, July 24, 2010

Europe Day 3 & 4

Got busy this week with preparing my manuscript and didn't get a chance to update my blog. Sorry about that!

So day three was a travel day where we made our way from Dover to Farthingstone. My good friend Rhiannon was getting married and I was so excited to be invited. The day we arrived was the day of the hen party and all of the girls (including Mike) got baby blue cowboy hats with tiaras on them along with a sash that said "Rhiannon's Hen Party". It was great fun as we started the event at a local salon where there were manicures, pedicures, and massages. Here's me in my hat!

Rhiannon's parents home is absolutely lovely and they have a magnificent garden in the backyard. I tried to take many pictures of it. It has a multitude of vegetables growing, including tomatoes, potatoes, leeks, garlic, and peas. I realized I'd never seen a potato or garlic growing before.

Day four was the wedding. It was held in this tiny church in the village of Farthingstone (180 people, one church, and one pub). The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The bride and groom both looked magnificent and so very happy. Here's a great picture of us! It's one of my favorite photos from the entire trip.


That's all for today...more tomorrow, including a visit to one of my most favorite places on earth!

No comments: