Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bad, Bad Life!

I'm sorry. So sorry. I am a bad, bad blogger. Life has just gotten in the way. Bad life! All the cleaning, cooking, working, and playing has just taken me away from my time here. Oh, and let's not forget the traveling! (Really, I'm teasing...I have loved every moment of the past few months.)

At the end of October I was really busy. I took off two weeks from school and did a bit of traveling. First I went to Disney World with my boys and the rest of my family. It was the only time that all of us would be able to get together this year so we went for it. The picture above is one of the few of the boys and I together. Not sure how that happened. Hmpf. Anyway, here we are in front of Epcot. Love this picture! I love it when they look like they're protecting their Mom!

After returning a day early from that trip (grumble...grumble) I headed back out the next morning for Denver. I was attending the Geological Society of America meeting there for five days. Fun but tiring...and I'd rather have spent the extra day with my boys.

While at GSA I interviewed with one college for a possible faculty position. I really liked the interviewer and I just get this feeling that I'd like the college as well. It's exactly what I'm looking for, or at least that's my impression. Keep your fingers crossed. I really want a job.

November passed quickly. It was like a blink of an eye. But, I did manage to submit a paper to the journal Palaios. Hopefully it will come back from the reviewers without too many necessary revisions.

As I enter December I am looking forward to having a month off to just write, write, write. I have set a goal for myself to have at least one draft of my second paper (and the second chapter of my dissertation) to my advisor by Christmas. (For those that don't know the in's and out's of a geology PhD dissertation, you have to write three papers that are to be submitted to journals. At least one must be published before graduation to fulfill the requirements.) Anyway, all 3 must be written and ready to go by April. I must defend my dissertation no later than April 8th. Not a lot of time but I can do it!

This post is long enough now. More later.

No comments: