Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hurricane Irene...

I moved here on August 3rd. For the first two weeks I had no cable and no internet. It was rough...REALLY rough. My heart sang a little bit on the day I did get cable and internet. Then a week later, it all changed. Hurricane Irene blew through Connecticut, and as it did, it took down a tree on the next block over. When the tree fell it also snapped the electric pole in half and destroyed the transformer. Here are some of the pictures I took...


We were without power for 7 1/2 days and were one of the last groups in Connecticut to get our power back. In fact, I won one of the "Last Candle Standing" awards at work (the university gave away hand-squeeze flashlights to the last 12 employees who were without power...I came in 5th place!) It's been a long time since I was so happy as when I got the power back on in the house.

Let's hope the rest of my time in Connecticut is uneventful as I feel I've had my share already...

Namaste.

No comments: