Saturday, September 10, 2011

Life in Connecticut...

I am officially living in Connecticut now. I moved here at the beginning of August. It's been a bit of a rough road so far, but I think it will be okay in the end. Today I headed to Mystic, CT. It's a lovely small town! I went to the Mystic Aquarium because we all know how seeing the sea critters makes my little heart sing. Here are a few of the pictures I took during my visit...

Me in front of the penguin tank/encounter...


Awww...isn't he/she cute?


You know it's just not me if there isn't a picture of a starfish!


I had to search the tank over and over to find this guy. Doesn't he look like a little old man?


My sister, Roxanne, loves seahorses!


Ah, the beautiful, graceful jellyfish...


I absolutely love this picture of the jellyfish!

After the aquarium I headed to to the town and stopped and had a bit of lunch at a roadside cafe. I have had deep-fried clams almost every week that I've lived here. The ones today were absolutely delicious.

Then, the trouble began. I've been having some problems with my car recently. I've spent a fair bit of money but the issue doesn't seem to be resolved yet. After lunch my car would not start. Absolutely killed the day for me! I finally got it to start and headed home. Picked up Honor from doggy-daycare, and headed home. Had to run to Walmart to buy a microwave and nearly didn't get my car started in order to get home. I have replaced the battery (as per AAA mechanics) and replaced the starter (as per the Jeep dealer here) and yet the issue is still not corrected. Oh well, back to the shop it goes.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow from Hurricane Irene.

Namaste.

No comments: