Friday, January 13, 2012

New York City Day 2

If I thought day one in NYC wore me out, day two brought me to my knees...haha. I started off first thing in the morning by going to the American Museum of Natural History. I got there about 10 minutes before it opened. The tunnel to the subway was covered in animals made of individual tiles. They were magnificent. You can see some of the animals here.


Ah, my lovely sauropods. I love, LOVE the sauropods! These are the big lumbering vegetarian giants. So adorable. How could you not love this face!

A nice person took my picture for me next to the beloved sauropod.

After several hours inside the museum I headed out to get a bite to eat and walk through a bit of Central Park. I stopped at one of the Sabrett hot dog trucks right outside the museum. I could have eaten two of these...it was delicious!

Afterwards I wandered through Central Park for a bit then headed to a spice shop that I'd heard about online. Oh. My. God. this place was amazing!! It looks so unassuming from the outside, but I could have spent a week inside looking at each product they carry and still have some left to look at.


This is just one small bit of the eleventy-billion spice walls! Oh, and the prices were absolutely fabulous too! I got something special for my boys in this store.


After the spice shop it was off to Time's Square. I had a little something I wanted to get down there. I love this area. Love seeing all of the signs for the Broadway shows that are in town. Next year, if I am still in Connecticut, I will do the New Year's Eve thing. I stopped at a small bakery and picked up another Linzer Tart. $3.95 for a cookie but it was the best one I've ever had! I'd pay it again in a heartbeat.


I was surprised but the ball was still up in Time's Square.


Off to grab one of the things I was looking for and I headed into the M&M's store at Time's Square. I saw this guy and had to take his photo!

By the time I got back to my hotel I thought I would die. My legs and feet hurt so bad! I must have walked 10 miles that day. Totally worth every minute of it though. I settled for a sandwich from a local deli for dinner. It was disgusting so I didn't take a picture. In fact, I ate the meat out of it and threw the rest away. The bread was horrid.

Got to bed early...tomorrow is the Martha Stewart Show and then heading home.
Namaste.

No comments: