Sunday, January 01, 2012

Onward...

Happy New Year, my friends. I think that 2011 was a bit of a mixed bag. I was able to accomplish several of the items on my list of intentions, but failed miserably in other areas. I'm hoping that 2012 will be a much better year.

I chose another One Little Word this year - Self. I chose this because it's high time I started paying attention to myself and the things I want and need. This doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to do things for others. Instead, it's giving myself permission to treat myself with the same respect as I do with others. I want to focus on me this year. A few things on my list:

1. Eat less. It's time I paid attention to my food intake. Must reduce it greatly.
2. Move more. The gym is not too far away. I think the treadmill is calling my name.
3. Yoga. Found a once-a-week yoga class in the area. I'm feeling far too stiff and old for 47.
4. Travel. I want to go somewhere this year for vacation. Maybe a tour, but not to Europe.
5. Pamper. Buy myself some of those things I want.
6. Reduce. The amount of debt I have weighs heavily on me.

Those are my intentions for this year.
Namaste.

No comments: