Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Day on the Farm...

Today I went to my friend Allison's farm for Maddy's birthday party.  I had such a great time!!  Allison and Keith have all kinds of cool animals.  Here's the butt of a big tom turkey...


When I see this picture I think of Joey on Friends..."How you doin'?"


Ah, beautiful Penny.  Such a beautiful girl.  She was my favorite.  Next time I go out to the farm I need to be sure to take extra carrots and bring some sugar cubes for her.


Penny, Marla, and Joyful.


And then there were the chickens...oh my goodness but they were adorable!!  These big fat chickens were my favorite because they've got feathers on their feet...it's the poultry equivalent to Hobbits!!  From left to right there is Cinnamon, Sugar, and Nutmeg.  The black/white chicken in the back didn't give me her name.

Allison and Keith take great care of their animals.  Their chickens are very well fed and roam the farm.  You can tell the horses are so very loved.  There are also two dogs, Red and Blue, that are adorable.  Apparently Red (the girl) attacked some of the chickens yesterday, killing 11 and there are still 4 missing.  I know Allison was heartbroken.  I just can't imagine coming home to that kind of mess.  She said some were still barely alive and she had to put them out of their misery.  She's a tougher woman than I am.

No comments: