Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spiced Lamb Burgers...

It feels like I've been making the same things over and over again for dinner.  Tonight I tried a new recipe for Spiced Lamb Burgers...they are delicious!!  I got the original recipe here.  I modified it a bit as I had some of the spices in ground form and didn't want to go to the expense of purchasing whole seed.  Here's what I did...

Spiced Lamb Burgers with Naan

1 pound ground lamb
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. ground coriander
1/2 t. ground fennel
1/2 t. ground pepper
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cayenne
1 1/2 t. paprika
1 garlic clove, finely crushed
1 t. salt
Naan (I purchased in grocery store)

Mix all together and allow to sit at least 1 hour to combine spices.
When ready, cook on grill or George Foreman grill (this is what I have) until done.

Spiced Yogurt

1 c. plain Greek yogurt
1/2 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. ground coriander
crushed garlic
a few mint leaves, chopped
pinch of salt

Brush the naan with olive oil, wrap in foil, and put in a warm oven to heat through.  Layer the naan with some of the spiced yogurt and the burger.  I added some lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and feta cheese.  Served with oven roasted potatoes.  It was delicious!!

No comments: