Friday, March 16, 2012

Thank goodness it's Friday!

It has been a very busy week for me at school.  I don't know why I did this to myself, but I gave 3 exams this week!  Two of the exams were the rock & mineral exams, and the third was an oceanography exam.  It took a lot of pushing but I got them all graded and recorded.  This is nice because this next week is spring break!!  I'm hoping to do some fun things, but mostly I'm going to be working.  Sorry to say this but I've fallen behind in getting lectures ready for the oceanography class, so those will be my focus this week.  I want to get at least 2 weeks worth (6 lectures) completed.

Today is Friday, and during Lent, that means no meat.  I happily make my way to my local fish monger, the Fish Market on Main Street, after work on Friday.  This is quite simply some of the most fabulous seafood I have ever had!  This place is so clean and the fish are so fresh that you don't smell a thing going into this fish shop.  Lovely, lovely, lovely!  Tonight I picked up scallops and shrimp again.  I can't get enough of them and they are well worth the couple of dollars I spend.  Here's a picture of the shop.


I arrived home to find my order from Penzeys Spices had arrived!  This was my first time ordering from Penzeys.  I can't wait to try out the items I bought.  I purchased the almond extract (for cookies & tapioca pudding after Lent), the turmeric, and the 33rd and Galena seasoning.  I received free the cinnamon sugar and Turkish seasoning.  The Turkish seasoning has a lot of cumin in it.  I can't wait to try them all!  Oh, and I also got $5 off my order, so basically free shipping.  You can't beat that!!


Finally, last week I decided I was going to start keeping fresh flowers in my office.  These roses below have looked so lovely on my desk all week long.  They are purple/pink in color and smelled heavenly.  Just looking at them made me smile.  I think they still look pretty darn good for being a week old.  I brought them home tonight so I could continue to enjoy them here.


That's all for tonight.  I'm going on a cool boat trip tomorrow.  I'll type more then.
Namaste.

No comments: