Monday, April 23, 2012

The Aero Diner...

The other day I was headed out to run my errands and I ended up being out at lunchtime.  I was starving!! I'd seen this little diner not too far from where I was headed and decided to stop here for lunch.  I love diners...seriously love them...and this one was excellent.  How could you not love someplace so cute?


I headed in and took a seat.  The menu was very good and I had a difficult time deciding which menu item I wanted.  I'd originally settled on a burger (because I think you can tell a lot about a place by the quality of their burgers) but ended up with a foot-long chili dog.  WOW...was it excellent!!  I am so glad I didn't chose the burger (although I think I need to go back again to try one, just because).  The chili had just the right amount of spice to it and I think the only way I'd improve upon it is with a little bit of onion and cheese.  Not too much though because I don't want to take away from the chili.  The hot dog was also top quality.  With the chili dog came fries.  Not some of those prepackaged frozen things...nope, these were real potato fries.  Biting into one was like a little piece of heaven.  Excellent with ketchup!


So I finished my errands and then remembered that there was a new cupcake shop that had opened in downtown Willimantic.  I figured "why not?" and off I headed.  I was not disappointed!!  First off, the shop was so clean and the owner/baker were such nice people.  I was really impressed by the place.  Small tables perfect for sitting with friends over a coffee and cupcake were a nice touch as well.  I picked up two cupcakes.  On the left is a red velvet cupcake.  The cream cheese (instead of being in the frosting) is underneath the frosting in a pocket of the cupcake.  I'm not a huge cream cheese fan but Honor surely did like it!  On the right is a chocolate raspberry cupcake.  Delicious!!  What I really liked about these cupcakes is that the icing was whipped cream, not that sticky sugary stuff you so often get (although buttercream icing is to die for!)  I was so happy I'd stopped here as well and will make this a weekly stop on my errand day.

All in all, not a bad day of errands, if I do say so myself!
Namaste.

No comments: